Michigan Golf Club Wedding
Planning a Michigan Golf Club wedding might not be as hard as you think. In fact, there are so many things I love about Golf Club weddings. In this blog post, I would love to share some simple tips to plan a successful Michigan golf club wedding.
Based on my experience photographing golf course weddings, here are some common questions you might have.
How Do I Know If A Golf Club Wedding Is Right for My Wedding?
If you love a gorgeous, glamorous outdoor affair, a golf club wedding might be right for you! First of all, country clubs are well known for their well-manicured lawns and stunning interiors. In other words, you can take advantage of the natural scenery and incorporate the backdrop into your décor.
Also, if most of your wedding guests are coming out of town, a venue like this can save them a lot of trouble! For example, they don’t have to worry about parking space. Most golf courses feature amenities that ensure your guests’ privacy and comfort.
Above all, on-site accommodations for out-of-town guests will be much appreciated. You don’t have to worry about your guests’ safety after partying all night long.
Reasons Why Wedding Photographers Highly Recommend Golf Club Weddings
- To begin with, golf courses provide the best backdrop for wedding portraits! You can easily find beautiful landscaping such as lakes, ponds, fountains, bridges or flowers in every country club or golf course.
- Secondly, having both your ceremony and reception in the same location saves everyone SO MUCH time and make your wedding day less stressful. After all, you don’t want your wedding photographers spending too much time traveling between locations within wedding photography coverage.
- Lastly, most golf clubs have backup plans for your outdoor wedding. I can’t stress enough the importance of having a “Plan B” for your wedding day. In the event of rain, it will be easy to transport every décor and your guests in a short amount of time.
- Talk to the venue and prepare golf carts for your bridal party when taking portraits if needed.
- Communicate with your wedding photographer about your location preferences for photos prior to the wedding day.
How Many Hours of Photography Coverage Do I Need ?
Determining the amount of photography coverage needed for your golf club wedding isn’t a one-size-fits-all scenario. Various factors such as the location of your preparations, ceremony, and the reception play pivotal roles. For instance, if your ceremony is held at a church before heading to the golf club, travel time needs to be factored in. Similarly, pre-wedding preparations at a different location would necessitate more coverage time, though it is advisable to have everything at one place to ensure a smooth timeline.
On average, an 8-hour photography package is well-suited for weddings with 100 to 150 guests. However, the scope of photography—ranging from getting ready shots, detailed shots of the decor, to the reception festivities—will dictate the final hours of coverage needed. Moreover, a consultation with your wedding photographer can provide tailored advice on the coverage time needed to capture your wedding’s unique narrative.
In terms of timing, the scheduled end time of your venue and the sunset hour are key players. A pro-tip for summer weddings at Michigan golf clubs: Consider a later ceremony start, around 5 or 6 p.m., to sidestep the mid-afternoon heat while basking in the golden hour glow as the sun sets around 9 p.m.
Recommended Golf Club Wedding Venues
Having captured numerous weddings across Michigan and beyond, I’ve grown fond of several golf club venues that not only provide stunning backdrops but impeccable service. Some of my favorites include:
Shepherd’s Hollow Golf Club, Clarkston, MI
Pine Knob Mansion, Clarkston, MI
Read more on PINE KNOB MANSION WEDDING PHOTOS YOU NEED TO SEE
Midland Country Club, Midland, MI
Read more on MIDLAND COUNTRY CLUB WEDDING IN MIDLAND, MICHIGAN
Waldenwoods Resort, Hartland, MI
Read more on WALDENWOODS RESORT WEDDING: THE COMPLETE GUIDE
More questions? Fill out the CONTACT FORM and let’s delve into the endless possibilities awaiting you on your big day! Together, we’ll explore full sample galleries and discuss how to encapsulate your love story against the scenic Michigan golf club backdrop.
Check out our PORTFOLIO.