Michigan Wedding Venue Guide
Choosing a venue might be easier than you think. After traveling throughout Michigan to photograph outdoor weddings, I put together a map of the Best Outdoor Wedding Venues in Michigan for nature-loving brides. My hope is to help you organize and compare the venues in minutes!
In this blog post, we are highlighting some of the best outdoor wedding venues in Michigan! In general, the most popular outdoor venues include beaches, gardens, golf courses, forests, farms and more. Indeed, each venue has its own unique character, vibe and aesthetic. Therefore, you need to consider this question before you make a decision.
First, a useful rule of thumb is to choose a venue that aligns with your wedding vision and theme. If you are planning a relaxed intimate wedding, look at venues with more natural elements. These can beaches, forests, backyards. Alternatively, beautifully manicured gardens, mansions or castles will be ideal for a grand and regal celebration. When it comes to interior design, pay attention to these elements below if you prefer light and airy photography.
Which Venue Aligns With Your Wedding Vision?
Ask yourself these questions:
- Does the color scheme of the venue help tell your wedding story? What about the pattern and decor? Are the décor pieces more vintage or modern?
- What about the environment? Keep the seasons and your guest experience in mind. Does the venue provide outdoor heaters for a winter wedding?
- Does the venue have a hardwood flooring for a dance floor?
- Last but not the least, think about the lighting. How to have good light for your ceremony? Is there any shade by the alter? What is the ideal ceremony time considering the sun position. Also, is there enough natural light for your getting-ready spaces?
Location, Location, Location
Next, when choosing among all the Michigan outdoor wedding venues, you should factor in your guest count, catering options, and location. In fact, logistics for wedding guests and vendors is often overlooked. A perfect venue gives you and your guests space and access to save time and energy! Ideally, having your ceremony and reception at the same location is the most convenient. If not, provide an unforgettable shuttle between the ceremony and reception locations. Now, we are sharing five outdoor venues from our Ultimate Venue Guide.
Pine Knob Mansion
- Style: garden, contemporary, elegant, grand
- Key Features: pine trees, stone walls and fireplaces, landscaped gardens, wooden gazebo, tranquil fountains, golf course
- Guest Count: Up to 150 Guests
- Pricing: starting from $90 per person
Shepherd’s Hollow Golf Club
- Style: glamorous, modern, bold
- Key Features: pine forest, black and white flooring, golf course
- Guest Count: Up to 350 Guests
- Pricing: starting from $27,000 per event
RELATED: MICHIGAN GOLF CLUB WEDDING FAQ
Waldenwoods Resort & Conference Center
- Style: lakeside, romantic, natural, picturesque
- Key Features: waterfront lake cottage, lush lawn and forest
- Guest Count:Up to 250 Guests
- Pricing: starting from $65 per person
- Style: castle, garden, regal, dramatic, charming
- Key Features: castle, courtyard, stone wall, fountain garden, ballrooms
- Guest Count: Up to 350 Guests
- Pricing: ranges from $6,500 to $10,500 for a ceremony and reception
The H Hotel
- Style: courtyard, chic, classic, luminous
- Key Features: ballroom, downtown view, main street courtyard, complimentary wedding-night suite for bride & groom (based on availability)
- Guest Count: Up to 250 Guests
- Pricing: ceremony site fee starts from $1500; reception site fee starts from $9000
To receive the complete list for an in-depth breakdown of the top Michigan venues with real wedding galleries, join our email list and I will send it your way!